"Be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."-Thomas S. Monson
I know I WILL look back at this time, all too soon, wishing it would have lasted. Wishing they would stay little, WANTING to cuddle, saying cute things, laughing out loud, chasing each other through the house, climbing the walls, demanding attention, making messes everywhere, and creating mounds of laundry for me to do. I TRY to keep that in mind as I go through my days in a fog from lack of sleep, as I strive to stay on top of everything (even though lately it feels like I am doing all I can to make sure the children are alive and the house is still standing at the end of the day), and as I am pulled in a dozen different directions by multiple sets of little hands, requests, whimpers, and cries. Some days I am more successful at keeping things in perspective than other days. However, even on the very worst of days, I am so grateful for the blessing and opportunity to be a mother... to be THEIR mother... to be entrusted with these three beautiful little girls and their uniquely individual spirits. There is nothing I would rather be doing than being home with them (pulling my hair out at times), caring for them, loving them, teaching them, and watching them grow.

6 comments:
thank you for that quote -- it made my eyes teary. i think i will ad that to my blog as well as a reminder - to really enjoy this time.
also -- i love the picture of emerson at the top -- it's great
happy mothers day melissa! your girls are precious.
Your girls are so blessed to have you as their mother! :)
HI THere ! somehow found my way to your blog via someone's?? Congrats on your new little muffin! Your three cherubs are just adorable and YEs, it goes so very fast. My baby turns 20 next week ~ our youngest of three, and I still feel like I just had her ~ that was a quick 20 years. Do Enjoy Them (I know you are!) Every day is just precious! Patrice
Emerson is such a cutie, as all of your girls are! We miss you at dance class, everyone is wondering if you are coming back? I'm sure you're probably just super busy.
Very sweet.... your girls are so precious.
Post a Comment