Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2008 in review

Our Christmas cards have been sent- FINALLY!
In lieu of an update letter within the card itself, I just included our blog address. I thought I would just post a quick year in review for those wanting quick access to the highlights....



1. We continued, and for the most part, completed our REMODEL. We still have no yard, but the house is done. There is still a garage of boxes waiting to be unpacked (things we have lived 2 years without?! at this point do we really need it all?) I must say that while we have other forms of craziness and stress, I am VERY happy not having to deal with construction, dust, noise, etc.. anymore! Yahoo!



2. FINLEY turned 1 in February. She has continued to grow in stature and attitude. She loves to do anything and everything her big sister does (when she is in a good mood- when she is not in a good mood she wants NOTHING to do with Avery). Finley is talking up a storm as of late. Her favorite phrase is "baby tummy" pointing to my growing belly or while lifting up my shirt to show me (and everyone else).


3. We celebrated AVERY's 3rd birthday in March. She has grown up so much this year. She loves being a helper- especially in the kitchen. She also tries to discipline Finley, but Finley doesn't really accept Avery as an authority figure. Avery also started preschool in March (at the same preschool Paul went to - with the same teacher) and LOVES it! It has been great for her!



4. We went on a White family vacation to Disney World and on a Disney Cruise in April, which was an amazing experience. Avery was at the PERFECT age and loved every minute.



5. Avery "graduated" from Tiny Tigers for the 1st time. She will have a couple more of these before she actually moves on to kindergarten, but it was fun none the less- she looked so cute in her little graduation cap!



6. The girls and I spent almost the entire month of July in Oregon with my dad. Paul joined us up there in Harrisburg for the Old-Fashioned 4th of July festivities, which is always my favorite place to be on the 4th! We had a great time spending time with family and friends.



7. Paul and I celebrated our 8th anniversary in August. I can't believe it has been 8 years! Crazy! It feels like just yesterday and forever ago all at the same time.



8. I turned 29 in September! Wow!



9. Paul turned 31 in October! We really are getting old- or at least he is!




10. Avery was Snow White for Halloween, Finley was the wicked queen, and Paul was the prince... all Avery's idea. Very cute! Avery has already decided she is going to be Elastigirl (from the Incredibles) next year. We love Halloween in our house- any excuse to dress up!



11. As previously elluded to we found out the first week of December that we will be adding BABY GIRL #3 to our family in late April/early May 2009. We are very excited for our new addition. As of yet, no name has been decided upon- we are struggling this time around to find a name we both like. Paul does not really make any suggestions, he just shoots down all of mine. Thankfully we have several more months to come up with something.


12. Since I have nothing else going on, and wanted to add a little excitement to our lives, I started a photography business- just in time for the Christmas card photo rush! I have been really busy and have gained a lot of experience over the past month- thanks to all who answered the call! I have been having so much fun! A lot of other things have been neglected as a result, but it has been fun none the less!



As you can see, 2008 has been a great, CRAZY, fun-filled year in our house! I think we might have even more craziness in the year ahead! I have come to accept that life just is that way- we are just trying to enjoy the ride! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Fleming Family said...

What a great update! Good luck on the name! It's hard coming up with names that are the same sex time and time again! :)