
It may be the most cliche age, so much so that people don't actually believe you when you tell them you are 29 (sure you are- for the 3rd time?!). But, that is what I am today. I think I might prefer to be 30 and just get it over with, but I will gladly wait 365 days before claiming that milestone. Even though I am getting older, I still love birthdays. They are a badge of honor for another year of life lived. To quote my lovely Marie in her email to me this morning:
"so real is the process of birth and growth, as you know, the age that you are
acquiring is the icing on the cake. age and wisdom really walk hand in hand. age
is the best gift god and your body gives you year after year."
Today will be a day of quiet, low-key celebration for another year. It will be wonderful... I can feel it.
- The sun is shining, yet there is a slight crispness in the air- love it! I LOVE fall!
- I have a luncheon scheduled with friends (orchestrated by 2 lovely ladies... thank you Carole and Monique!)
- We are going for a walk on the Bob Jones trail into Avila (ultimate destination... ice cream) this evening as a family, which is one of my most favorite things to do.
- My mom is coming to visit for the weekend. I haven't seen her in what feels like forever as she has been a world traveler of late- she got back from Africa on Monday.
- There will be (and already have been) emails, phone calls, texts, and cards from the people I love most. Thank you!
- Avery promised to be a big helper today! It is still early and Finley is in her high chair, but there have been no sister attacks as of yet! I am keeping my fingers crossed! A day without Avery attacking Finley every 17 seconds would be a truly glorious one!
UPDATE: The whole NO sister attacking on Avery's part was VERY short lived. As soon as Finley was out of the highchair, all bets were off. Avery was smothering her within seconds flat. I was hopeful, but realistic. sigh. They also decided it would be fun to completely TRASH my family room in an attempt to build a "fort" that Avery tried to force her sister into (of course against her will). But, it will STILL be a good day- even without my girls' cooperation! It is all about attitude....mine! DEEP.breath.
Here is to another year of love, laughter, growth, experience...LIFE.

10 comments:
Happy birthday! I hope you have a lovely weekend!
Happy Birthday Melissa! It was fun spending an afternoon with you on your special day. Enjoy your evening. Hooray for September birthdays! Love, Jessica
Happy Birthday! I remember the gathering for your birthday last year...that year went by fast! Enjoy 29! But I do have to say it was a bit of a relief when 30 hit for me...I was finally a true "adult" :). I hope you've had a wonderful day! Enjoy your walk, relish every moment, breathe it all in, soak up the beauty that surrounds you. Some day you may miss it. :(
Happy (belated) Birthday Melissa
Anna
happy birthday my dear!!!!!!!
Ha, hope you had a happy birthday. Any chance you might happen to remember what songs I played in that medley? I'm trying to record them all, but I think I may have fogotten one or two. Thanks for the kind words!
I found your blog via ambrosia girls, and I have to say/ask two things. First, I read your mushroom story and laughed so hard that my husband asked what I was reading. That was truly hilarious. Thank you for that laugh! Secondly, where did you get your daughter's adorable apple backpack? It's sooo cute! I've also never heard of the name Finley and I love it. :)
Jennifer-
The apple backpack is from baby/kids gap. It is super cute and hence, I was unable to resist it! I believe it is still in the store. It is the perfect size for a toddler, yet a little too small for an actual school backpack.
happy belated birthday sweet girl!! sorry i'm late. hope it's a great year!
hey happy happy b-day! yes 30 is better! but now i'm hitting 33 gasp! and that's not as great!
Post a Comment