Monday, August 4, 2008

eight years of wedded bliss

Our wedding was many years ago. The celebration continues to this day. ~Gene Perret

Oh, wow. At the time I didn't realize how young we were, but looking back?! We were just babies- I was 20 (almost 21) and Paul was 22 (almost 23). A lot has changed since then! I feel that I know myself much better now at 28 than I did at 20- know what I like, what I don't like, what I want, what is truly important, what is not. But, one thing I know for sure- marrying Paul was the best decision I have ever made. The older, wiser me would make the same decision a million times over today. In the last 8 years we have enjoyed many wonderful blessings while also enduring a few tough trials. Through it all, we have grown closer and our relationship has become even more solid than it was when we started this journey together. I feel so blessed! Happy Anniversary!

3 comments:

and peanut makes three... said...

Wow...Melissa that picture was so fun to see. You guys look so young. It is so cute. Thanks for sharing...I loved it!

julie said...

what a darling couple....Happy eight years!

Anonymous said...

Just visited The White House, loved looking at it. Give the girls a hug from us in Florida. It looks as if you have been having a wonderful summer with them.
Happy Anniversary and many many more
Nancy