Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My newest obsession

I just spent the last 5 days completely absorbed in the world of Bella and Edward as I devoured the Twilight Series for the first time. Yes, it has taken me a while to catch on- it seems I am the last person I know to read these books. The hype was not overstated. I loved them! No, this is not earth moving literature, but it is addicting and intoxicating none the less. I am actually glad that I waited so long- I was able to read all 3 back to back to back without a pause. Now my only sadness comes from the fact that I have to wait until August 2 (when Book 4 is released) to see what happens next! I am going through withdrawls. I am seriously considering reading them again (something I NEVER do). Also, as I was searching for the release date of the next book, I discovered that Twilight THE MOVIE is set to release 12/12/08. Click HERE to see the cast. I am not convinced. I prefer the characters as I see them in my head. If nothing else, they were dressed much better when I was reading... what's with the 80's outfits and the REALLY bad hair in this shoot?! Your thoughts?! Fortunately, the outlook for the movie looks much more hopeful in these clips.

I guess I have to get back to MY life now... the one I have been neglecting for the past 5 days. My girls and the laundry are demanding attention!

6 comments:

Lorne said...

you aren't the last one, yet... i'm currently in the middle of #3. they are quite addicting aren't they, but I love it! -keely

The Clawsons said...

welcome to the club! they weren't going to let me move to utah unless i read these right away...it was a requirement! spencer still refers to that week as the worst of his life. i didn't talk to him once the kids were in bed...i was too busy!

Celestia said...

Oh no. Your addicted too. Atleast you got a little later start and you don't have to wait forever for the 4th book. She did just come out with a new book called The Host. It is her first adult reading book.

SLO Rober said...

I loved them, too. I whipped through them and found myself wanting more!

V and Co. said...

read the host next after these...it's not the same characters but it's still a good meyer's book...and welcome to the club of totally obsessed over edward and bella club

melissa said...

I just got The Host at Costco the other day. I have read just the first two chapters and then have not had any time to continue since. I am excited though. Seems interesting so far.