Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mischievous Acts of a 1 year old

My dear sweet, feisty little Finley is constantly on the move- she is curious to no end. If I don't hear her for any period of time, if it is too quiet, I know I must go find her and fear what I will catch her doing. These pictures illustrate just ONE DAY in the life of our little tornado.1. As soon as she got out of her crib, she was off and running. She pulled that glass (fortunately it was plastic) from the window ledge and spilt the water everywhere. When I found her, she was drenched. I went to get a towel to dry everything and she followed me- leaving a watery trail in her wake.

2. After I changed her into some dry clothes and went to dry up the water, she pulled the roll of paper off the easel and then proceeded to tangle herself up in it. When she couldn't get out, she busted right through. Avery's masterpiece ended up in the recycling bin.
3. I started unloading the dishwasher and turned around to put something away. When I turned back around, I saw this... a favorite trick of hers- mama turns away for 2 seconds and she crawls up onto the dishwasher pulling out the knives and other dangers that are easily accessed.
4. I removed Finley from the temptation of the dishwasher as I was finishing up- I put her in Avery's room with a few toys. I came back to check on her and found this mess....also a frequent occurrence. She pulls out all the bins from Avery's room and dumps all the toys out on the floor. I am pretty sure she has help from her older sister on this one- even though Avery likes to blame it all on Finley.
5. While I was putting all the toys away, I realized I hadn't seen or heard from Finley in a few minutes. I searched around and found her playing in the toilet with items found in the bathroom garbage.
6. I took the garbage out and came back to find her tearing apart a stack of magazines that were in a magazine rack ON THE WALL?!

All this by 9:15 a.m. when we had to leave to take Avery to preschool! It is exhausting trying to stay a step ahead of her at all times, or follow after cleaning up! It is a good thing she is so darn cute!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is SO cute! and where have you been on the twilight front?!? have you seen the trailors for the movie? so excited!!

The Clawsons said...

i love how she has the same expression in every picture...like "yes, can i help you?" what a stinker. i love it!

The Scotts said...

That is so adorable. Garen is the same way, except his downfall is food. I'm constantly catching him getting into the refrigerator, cupboards, pantry. I woke up this morning to find he had gotten in the freezer and ate 3 Popsicles! In fact I hear him right now getting into the jelly beans. BYE!

SLO Rober said...

At least you can dry things and clean them up. Just wait until the irreversable destruction occurs. call me when it does. I have a few tips (unplug the garbage disposal, store all of the chairs and stools on top of the table, remove all permanent markers and toxic items) p.s. child proofing devices may not work for much longer! HeHe! Hang in there, it will pass.

kmk said...

Wow she's a wild one!Makes Alani seem tame!
BTW I love yiur heading picture - that is the cutest thing I,ve ever seen!!!

Celestia said...

Trouble! I love this blog. It is too cute, but really shows why it's hard to do anything when you have young ones.