We are just in waiting mode now... waiting for baby girl #3 to make her entrance. My due date is May 2, but my doctor will be out of town the week leading up to that date. We have decided that if things do not happen on their own by Thursday April 23, we will induce labor. I am starting to have pretty intense contractions already (still nothing consistent), so who knows?!
We are kind of hoping the baby holds tight until next Thursday as everyone who will be coming to help is able to come Wednesday at the earliest (and Paul needs all the time he can get to get things finished up at work). It wouldn't usually be an issue since we have wonderful family here in town, but Grandma Lee had to go out of town at the last minute to help Jodi recover from another shoulder surgery. She would normally be the one we call to help with the girls when we go to the hospital. Without her help, we are at a complete loss. We miss you Grandma! Hope you are feeling better Aunt Jodi- our thoughts and prayers are with you! Fortunately we have wonderful friends that have been helping and have offered to step in if the baby comes earlier than Thursday. I was on the verge of a complete meltdown, but I feel much better having a plan in place for all possible scenarios. Thank you, thank you , thank you!
I am so very ready on one hand, but on the other it seems like there is so little time, yet so much to do. I am in full blown nesting mode- organizing, cleaning, rearranging. I am just afraid I won't have enough time to get it all done! Paul is working like crazy to tie up loose ends at work- he is at the bank until all hours almost every night. There are things I need help with that I can't do myself, such as retrieving the newborn baby clothes, the bassinet, the swing, the bouncy seat and all the gear is still buried in the garage. Hopefully that will be resolved this weekend. It is really a necessity as she will be here by next weekend!
The other pressing issue is that this baby still does not have a name! This is very unsettling to me. We have it narrowed down to a few, but still nothing definite. Here is the short list...
Reese Elizabeth- my only concern is that Reese, being a one syllable name is too short and choppy with White (also one syllable)?!
Harlee Elizabeth- love the family connection (Harvey + Lee = Harlee), but don't like the inevitable references to Harley Davidson
Emerson Bailey- LOVE that it sounds good with my maiden name as a middle name. Both the other girls have middle names that have strong family connections.
Rowan- originally my first choice, but Paul is STILL not budging on this one.
Macey- I want everyone in the family to have their own initials, so this would conflict with that. Also, would it grow up with her?
Any thoughts or suggestions? We might just have to wait to meet her!

5 comments:
I actually like Harlee. I knew another girl named Harley and it fit her very well and was really pretty. Spelling it with "-ee" also feminizes it. But I also think it will grow well with her.
Just my two cents. Good luck in the next couple weeks! Glad you survived the wind storm. That was crazy!
I like Emerson Bailey and Reese Elizabeth. I wouldn't worry about the syllables, Reese White sounds good. ;)
i love reese and macey! i know a macey who is our age and it totally fits her. she's a super cool, earthy girl. you can't go wrong!! sending you lots of love and good wishes for a great delivery!! good luck this week!
Hi Melissa!
Good luck with everything, I feel for you! If you need ANYTHING, even a babysitter, give me a call! 591-0241
P.S. I personally think Harlee Elizabeth and Emerson Bailey are adorable!
It Has to be Emerson Bailey! That fits perfect with the other girls and it's the cutest thing ever. I also like Macey and Harlee a lot, but Des and Teresa's dog is named harley so that one would take a little getting used to:) Jesse and Becky Kampfer's daughter is named Reece- she's 3 and the size of Kaleb and Avery put together so that's all I can picture for that name!
Whatever her name is, it'll be perfect I'm sure. I can't believe you're going to be a mommy of three in a few days!!! Sending lots of love and hugs your way, I'll be thinking about you and your fam:)
Post a Comment