I just got back from my doctor's appointment where I thought we would be setting things up for the impeding induction on Thursday. EVERY. LITTLE. THING I have planned is based on that fact. Family coming (from long distances) to help, the peace of mind I have knowing I would have someone here lined up to stay with the girls while we were at the hospital, my schedule of things to be done before, making it known I would NOT be at church or available for anything this next week as I would be having a baby, not to mention I have my expectations completely pinned on it.... Thursday is THE day.... or, so I thought.
Instead of the appointment proceeding as I would have expected, we just listened to the heartbeat, he asked if I was having contractions, and THAT WAS IT. When I asked if I would be coming in for my appointment on Thursday or just meeting him at the hospital, he casually said that he was no longer going out of town so an induction would not be necessary and we would just be waiting for the baby to decide when the time was right. My heart sank (I am pretty sure my face dropped too). I questioned it, but his response was that it would be ideal if I would make it to 39 weeks (which is this Saturday) and he would prefer not to do anything before that. I get that- I of course want to do what is best for the health and safety of the baby, but I am still so disheartened. You don't go changing plans on a hormonal pregnant woman at the end (especially in this crazy 90 degree heat).... that is just cruel! I am just at a loss. I don't know what to do besides cry (it must be the hormones). I guess this will just give me more time to unpack all those boxes that are stacked in my family room?! Now I have to go break the news to all my family that have rearranged their own schedules to be here by Thursday. sigh.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
That's always hard to hear. I was stuck in the hospital for 6 hours with labor because the doctor on call didn't want to do my c-section, she wanted to wait until my doctor did the rounds in the morning! If there is anything you need let me know. We are always available to take the girls for you if you need to head to the hospital and your family isn't available. We can't wait to meet her!
What he did is very dangerous. You don't change a pregnant womans induction date to a later date, ever. He is almost asking for you to kill him. Serioulsy. Well, I hope your little one comes soon. Maybe she will decided to show up on the induction date anyway.
That really stinks. My doctor did that with Lily. I even went to the hospital, got admitted and then they sent me home, because there were not enough beds and I wasn't "in labor". I cried too and then had to wait the whole weekend to have her.
Take care and have some ice cream to make yourself feel better:)
Ugh! I know your frustration. I was induced for all 3 of my girls and I know how you pin EVERYTHING on that date! Believe me though, hormones and all your family will understand and maybe they'll even rub your feet and back in consolation. ;)
I wish you the best of luck and many blessings as your family welcomes your new baby girl.
*Tricia
So sorry, Melissa! That is awful, and yes, I agree with Celestia, he is asking for something. These last few days/weeks are the worst. Just waiting and feeling rather uncomfortable, not to mention the hormones! Good luck with everything, and let us know if we can do anything to help!
i would cry too. :(
i would cry too :(
Well I am sure glad that I saw you at the hospital on Friday! She really knew that she needed to come when you had it all planned.. she just wanted you to wait one extra day ;)
Post a Comment