Wednesday, November 26, 2008

i am so thankful for...


  • my family and the fun we have when we are together
  • the fact that my girls have awesome grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles in their life.
  • my girls and the way they help me remember the simple pleasures of life (like playing in a pile of fall leaves, or sitting in the doorway just watching the rain come down, dancing to any and all music they hear, laughter, giggles, and snuggles just to name a few).
  • our newest addition on the way- girl or boy (we will find out next thursday and I am very excited).
  • the fact that I am about 1/2 way through this pregnancy and I am finally starting to have relief from the constant "all-day" sickness.
  • modern medicine that has helped me have these beautiful children I longed so desperately for.
  • my sweet husband and all the hard work he puts forth for our family and the wonderful daddy that he is to our girls.
  • the blessing and gift (as well as hard work) it is to stay home with my children.
  • the opportunity I have had lately to be so very busy doing something I absolutely LOVE.
  • the freedoms we enjoy in this country.
  • the great love of my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ
  • good friends
  • visits with extended family.
  • satsuma mandarin orange season (and the fact that my girls will trade in their lollipops for oranges without a second thought- they really are that good).
  • technology- I don't know what I would do without it all- computers, internet, cell phones, or web sites/blogs that can show you how to do or make absolutely anything and everything- LOVE that!
  • creature comforts
  • cozy sweaters and blankets- and that it has finally been cold enough to need them!
  • the blessing of health
  • yummy thanksgiving food- especially pumpkin pie!
  • and so very much more....
  • for this time of year that gives us a moment to pause and reflect on our many blessings.
Happy Thanksgiving! 
(and the beginning of the most wonderful time of the year)

3 comments:

V and Co. said...

happy thanksgiving mel! looks like you are having a blast!

SLO Rober said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I love oranges, too!

Kristin said...

What a sweet post. I love your pictures too!