I Love to See the Temple
Janice Kapp Perry
(This includes a third verse she wrote for a choral arrangement while a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir) 
I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday To feel the Holy Spirit; to listen and to pray. For the temple is the house of God, a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself when I am young -This is my sacred duty.


I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday To feel the Holy Spirit; to listen and to pray. For the temple is the house of God, a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself when I am young -This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple; I'll go inside some day;I'll covenant with my Father; I'll promise to obey.For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together.As a child of God I've learned the truth:"A family is forever".


I love to see the temple shine brightly through the night -A beacon to all people of purity and light.For the temple is a sacred place where worthy Saints assemble to receive the holy ordinances Performed in God's own temple.
We went to L.A. this past weekend for the San Luis Obispo Stake Temple Day and 50th Commemoration Session. It was a crazy day, but it was wonderful at the same time. Avery was so excited to see the temple for the first time in person. She kept looking up at the Angel Moroni on top of the temple and pointing it out to us. She really wanted to go in with everyone else. She and Finley walked the grounds with us (Avery insisted on pushing the stroller)
and with Grandma Lee and Pa for several hours as we all took turns. They were both troopers!



1 comment:
I happened upon your post last week (google search) and was so excited about the "3rd verse" you wrote to this song. A friend and I were to sing it in Sac. Mtg. today (Tucson, AZ) and we didn't have any special arrangements or anything. (It was really short notice.) Anyway, I told her about this and she composed a transition into a new key and used your verse as lyrics, along with a descant on top. It turned out sooo beautiful. We got millions of compliments. I think the Spirit was really there. So, just wanted to thank you for being the inspiration for how we were instruments in God's hands today. Keep the faith! ~Wendi
Post a Comment