Thursday, January 28, 2010

Emerson {9 months}


20.2 lbs -(75th percentile... down from 95th percentile at last check)
26.75 inches long (holding steady at 50th percentile)

1. As her stats show, she is still our little chunky monkey. She has got some legs (or rolls in place of legs?!). She is starting to stretch out a little. She actually has ankles now :) Love, love, LOVE my chubby baby!

2. She started sleeping better- 6 hour stretches at night, 2/2-3 hour naps, then she got 4 teeth in a (miserable) 2 week period, which threw everything off again. Boo. I have really never come across a baby that sleeps LESS than this child. It is UNBELIEVABLE. Seriously.

3. She is eating solid foods, but will not be "fed." She must feed herself or else she gets spittin' mad. (To feed her, I have to have 2 spoons to rotate. I give her a bite on one, which she voraciously grabs out of my hand and shoves into her mouth. She won't let go of that one for anything, so the 2nd spoon must be filled with a new bite before she will release spoon #1.)

3. She is scooting everywhere on her bum, or sliding backwards on her tummy. No actual crawling yet. (With Avery I was so worried if she didn't hit milestones "on time." With Emerson, I would just assume she stay stationery as long as possible- her sisters have so many little toys on the ground for her to get into. For now, it is just one less thing for me to worry about.)

4. Emerson does not give up smiles easily. She melts your heart when she does though. Her sisters are the only ones who can get her to break into the giggles. It is the best thing in the world to hear them all laughing together. (Her sisters can also get her screaming in seconds flat- pushing her over, "riding" on her back, taking toys away, walking away from her, getting too close... it is a love hate thing they have going on.)

5. Her eyes are NOT blue. I have no idea what color they are, or what they will end up to be (they are getting more and more brown by the day), but my blue eyed baby dream is officially dashed again. Yes, I have heard "I told you so" about a thousand times already from my gloating husband. They WERE blue for a long time... it was the closest we have gotten so far. Oh well, I love my brown eyed girls... all three of them. smile.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

she growing into her body ;-)

april said...

sisters are great!! and Gwenny was the same way -- she gave away no free smiles!! :) it was actually pretty amusing to see people in the grocery store try to get her to smile and end up feeling dumb when she would just give them "a look" instead :)