Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The ABC's of ME

My cousin Celestia "tagged" me last week. I am usually horrible about getting these types of things done, but I thought the format of this one was kind of fun, so here you go...

A: Attached or Single- Attached... Married for almost 8 years now

B: Best Friend- My husband Paul, Gilen (whom I talk to every day- usually several times) a close 2nd, as well as several others I am fortunate enough to consider close friends (even though most of them live..sob... far away).

C: Cake or Pie- Madonna Inn Banana Nut Cake ...see HERE

D: Day of Choice- Saturday

E: Essential Items- Purpose moisturizer, frizz control product, Bare Escentuals Mineral Make-up, Infant Tylenol on hand at all times (Finley is constantly teething, or so it seems), an iron (everything looks better freshly pressed!), sunglasses, hand sanitizer, body butter from the body shop, my camera, and the list goes on... (now I have a good head start on my packing list for our trip).

F: Favorite Color- "happy” green (at least for the moment)

G: Gummy Bears or Worms- Gummy Bears- but they have to be Haribo Gold Bears

H: Hometown- Harrisburg, OR... population 1,500 and graduating high school class of 67!

I: Favorite Indulgence- Ben and Jerry’s Chubby Hubby ice cream with all of it's chocolate covered, peanut butter filled pretzel goodness

J: January or July- July- 4th of July is one of my FAVORITE holidays!

K: Kids- Avery (3) and Finley (1)- They are my JOY (and my headache on occasion). LOVE THEM!

L: Life is not complete without... family, good friends, and the gospel of Jesus Christ

M: Marriage Date- August 4, 2000

N: Number of Brothers and Sisters- 2 brothers, 1 sister (all younger)

O: Oranges or apples- Satsuma mandarin Oranges... a little piece of heaven, yummmm!

P: Phobia or Fears- Tragic accident or illness to friends or family (especially my girls). I am kind of a worry wort when it comes to things relating to that.

Q: Quote- "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." -Albert Einstein

R: Reasons to smile- A clean house that has a few things on the wall and is FINALLY starting to feel like a home + leaving for Disney World/Disney cruise in 4 days!

S: Superman or wonder woman- Wonder woman, I guess?!

T: Tag 4 people- Gilen, April D, Kelli C, Alison F

U: Unknown Fact about me- I was Runner-up Miss Teen Oregon. This was back in the mid-nineties. I shudder to remember the hot pink dress and the big, big hair- all pictures are hidden deep in a place far, far away.

V: Vegetable- I LOVE (not all, but most) veggies. Broccoli and zucchini tie for my favorite.

W: Worst Habit- too many to list, but to name one... leaving clothes folded in baskets and not putting them away. I don't mind doing laundry, or even folding the clothes, but taking the next step and putting clothes away is one of my least favorite things to do- I don't know why it is so hard for me, but it is.

X: X-ray or ultrasound- ultrasound- I love getting ultrasounds when I am pregnant… it so exciting to get a little sneak peak of your growing baby!

Y: Your favorite food- Chips and salsa

Z: Zodiac Sign- Virgo

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Miss teen Oregon?! Okay, now where is the post with that picture?! :) It was fun to learn more about you and your fam! Hope all is well and happy at your house.

love,
the Rasmussens

Celestia said...

I am so with you on folding and not putting away. It is criminal of me, but I do it every time. I hate putting clothes away!

V and Co. said...

long time since you blogged, is everything okay? just a little worried here.