I had gotten my haircut a while ago and after I told Avery what I was doing when I dropped her off with grandma, she insisted "Avery haircut... go, Avery haircut." Even after a night of sleep and a nap the next day, she continued to insist on getting her haircut. I hesitated because she wouldn't even sit still for me to brush her hair, so I seriously doubted that she would in the salon chair in front of someone with scissors in their hand!? But, she proved me wrong. She did great (just goes to show her stubbornness- if it is something she wants to do, no problem. But, if I am trying to get her to do something she does NOT want to do.... Watch out!). She sat perfectly still and quiet while the stylist cut, combed, and blew dry her hair. We went to show daddy at the bank afterwards and she was flipping her hair with her hands and saying "Avery haircut" to anyone who would listen. That was her 1st haircut.
Just a couple of weeks ago, Avery and I went to get our haircut together. She has been twisting her hair into HORRIBLE knots as she sucks her thumb,


But, the funny story is.... Avery looked in the mirror the other day, flipped her hair and said "Avery haircut CUTE. Mommy haircut CUTE." Then she turned to Finley in her little activity center and said, "No haircut Finny....SORRY!" I started cracking up... I couldn't believe that she had just come up with that. She sounded like a teenage sassy pants taunting her sister.....and my future suddenly flashed before my eyes!

No comments:
Post a Comment